DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Sime Super 90 Mk II Gas combination Boiler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
hounslowluddite

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi there all.

Any gas engineers out there in this community? I have a puzzling problem with the above appliance.

It has (following a visit from British Gas!) started run the central heating when the time clock says it should be off, and vice versa.

The manual I have has no detailed instructions on the operation of the timer, whch has a 3 position switch in its centre and a clock like hand that alters the position of the timer. Does anyone have a detailed knowledge of the operation of the timer on these apliances? Or is there an over ride switch on this thing that is not on view on the control panel? Or does anyone have a web address where I can get more instruction on this timer?

I'd like to have a go at getting it sorted out before calling BG, as they will try to sting me for another 50 call out charge for sure and I need to avoid that at all costs.

Thanks for your advice
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quote

If what you have said is correct then they have disconnected the timer and reconnected it wrongly.

Just set it on when you want it off and vise versa.

Tony
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: