Creda Night Storage Heater 79161C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I reset my heaters ?
My storage heaters seem to come on at about 3am and go off around 11 am how can I reset them to come on at midnight and go off at 7am, I have a Creda 79161C.
I also have a Creda Meterminder 2 in the cupboard is this anything to do with it
Please help, thanks
Sandie

Sponsored Links
has the storage heater got time settings on them? if not it will have to be done at the meter depending on the meter you may have 2 go in the meter, if u dont no what your doing get someone in, u may have 2 ask your elec suppliers as the meter is there property

Thanks for your advice, I have checked at the meter and I think the time is out, the time seems to be 3pm on the meter which would account for it being out so I assume this is why it is comimg on around 3am as it is 6pm now.
Next question, can i adjust it myself as there seems to be 4 screws holding on a see through case but there is a warning sign on it saying 415 volts
Sandie

i wouldent suggest you do it your self just in case you touch somthing you shouldent because at the meter your talking very high volts and amps there is to much danger involed,

Sponsored Links
So would I call my elecricity supplier to change the time for me, sorry for all the questions I have just moved into this flat and not had this sort of heating before, also could you tell me what the meterminder 2 in the cupboard is for, there is a dial on it should i move it at all

Thanks very much for all your very helpful advice, I will get hold of them on monday

Thanks again
Sandie

Hi,
can anyone tell me if the creda 79161C storage heater contains asbestos?
also the start of manufacture date and the finish of manufacture date?
thanks, Tom

Hi,
can anyone tell me if the creda 79161C storage heater contains asbestos?
also the start of manufacture date and the finish of manufacture date?
thanks, Tom
Start your own thread. Thats a good start.

without seeing it it is hard 2 say but i would ask you elec supplyer first, then go from there.
u av no biznis givin advis on a internet forum. 12 yr olds typ lyk dis. Go away. And your advice is misleading and unhelpful.

Anyone on this great forum know how where the reset switch is on a Creda TSR24AW storage heater is please?

I've looked on YouTube and there's great videos on there demonstrating how it's done, but when I opened my heaters panel, I was unable to locate anything that looks like a reset switch!

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I
I've looked on YouTube and there's great videos on there demonstrating how it's done, but when I opened my heaters panel, I was unable to locate anything that looks like a reset switch!

It might be a thermal link, designed to melt if it gets too hot.

Thanks Harry, but it's been checked and that doesn't appear to be the problem! Any other ideas please? Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back