TV socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a tv socket in my bedroom which isnt working. I opened it, only to find that the brown cable is not connected to the tv socket box. How do I connect the brown cable to the white box.

Also, how do i check that it is connected in the attic and do I need a digital amplifier.

Have no idea what I am doing.

thanks

Sponsored Links
There is usually a screw terminal for the centre conductor of the coax, and a saddle clamp for the outer braid.

Strip about an inch or so from the outer sheath.
Fold the braid back over the outer sheath.
Strip the about 10mm from the dielectric (inner insulation).
Terminate the centre conductor on the connector pin.
Clamp the outer sheath with the braid folded over it under the saddle clamp.

Then there's the other end to deal with. You may need to fit a plug, using a similar process to the above.

You may get away with a passive splitter if you have a strong enough signal. Fitting a splitter gives less than half it's input signal level at each output. Otherwise, you will need to consider an amplifier / splitter to boost the signal.

Fitting an amplifier or splitter usually means cutting into the existing downlead and fitting more aerial plugs. You will also need power for an amplifier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back