Wall/floor 'coving'/junction?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Firstly what a fantastic forum. Thanks you've helped me out more than once already.

I'm looking for some advice on the method and materials to create a hygienic wall/floor junction; between a concrete floor and a cement rendered wall.

At the moment the junction is a standard 90 degree joint but I'd like to to make it an easy to clean concave joint.

My question is how should I prepare the area, what should I render? the joint with and tips to do so.

The bottom foot of the wall, joint, and floor will be treating with an epoxy seal.

Sponsored Links
You generally dress a floor covering up the wall to form a skirting. I would think anything made from mortar would just break up. How about a sealing in a bead of upvc quadrant or similar? Is that what you mean??

You generally dress a floor covering up the wall to form a skirting. I would think anything made from mortar would just break up. How about a sealing in a bead of upvc quadrant or similar? Is that what you mean??

The upvc is a good idea but not ideal; the room is a wet room (old milking parlor) and I think it would be hell to try and get the quadrant to run with the changes in level. Also I would much prefer a concave solution to convex - am I not thinking right or would quadrant only allow a convex solution?

Sponsored Links
Quarry skirting tiles?
quarry-tile-styles-1.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back