Bleeding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, firstly thanks for all your help and advice about removal and fitting of rads - all sorted.

I have heating throughout the house but one rad requires bleeding on a daily or twice daily basis, all the others are working fantastically and dont require bleeding.
I unfortunately dont know where it is in the system (first or last rad) but it is the closest to the boiler.

All advice / help / solutions greatly accepted.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Morning Tony
Trapped air in the heating system does tend to collect in one particular rad - and fresh water does contain oxygen which is released for a short while.
I don't know how long your system has been commissioned, but give it a few days to settle before looking for other faults, such as air being sucked in from around the pump joints, etc. Keep bleeding for a bit.
John :)

Hiya John,
Cheers for the advice, the system was flushed on Saturday so have completely fresh water in the system and in the tank in loft, prior to doing the work I had to bleed the rad in question on average once a week. Will see how it goes over the next week if no joy I will come back on and pose the question again.

Cheers

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back