JIB CARD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the score with these cards, whats the pros and cons of them

is the gold card better then the other colours? :confused: just been on jib-pmes.org
site but carn't make it out!

Sponsored Links
Is this the JIB version of the CSCS Skillcard? if so its a H&S based card which proves that you have knowledge of H&S matters, I've held one for 7 Years now, no has ever asked to see it!!! :confused:

I was told I can have a gold cause iam "time-served" if you only have level 2 you only get a blue one. an if your like many of our friends on here a back door merchent you get sod all :LOL: :LOL:

what am getting at is whats the diffrence like....?

The only realistic difference is colour as the meaning of the card It self is useless.

It should be used to determine pay scales when produced on building sites,therefore gold instead of blue should mean a higher hourly rate.

Cscs was to prove competence In trade and safety bu never had a pay scale attatched to it.

Some firms(mainly sparkies) use the jib system for working out how much to pay their lads,never been asked or seen the need to hold one as a heating eng but have got onefor the electrical side.

Lee

Sponsored Links
You must be unhappy in your job if you are considering site work!

Tony

no no just good to have i guess, never have two many fingers in pies as they say!

I work direct for a big company. and do a lot of private work as well, toying with the idea of going solo. cause turning heating systems down now. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back