Stop valve leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered a leak on the stop valve tap leading to the cold water tank in the loft. Is this a straight forward washer change? Do I need to turn the mains off for this job?

Sponsored Links
rubio said:
I have discovered a leak on the stop valve tap leading to the cold water tank in the loft. Is this a straight forward washer change? Do I need to turn the mains off for this job?
There is tape around the tap and the leak seems to be coming from the middle. I have not taken the tape of yet as I only discovered it yesterday. Is that any help?

Sponsored Links
rubio said:
rubio said:
There is tape around the tap and the leak seems to be coming from the middle. I have not taken the tape of yet as I only discovered it yesterday. Is that any help?
I will give that a go. I will keep you posted on the result. Thanks for the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back