Fitting new door lining kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to re-instate an old bathroom door that was covered by the previous owner when an alternative entrance was made to adapt for wheelchair user.

Have taken off the old plasterboard covering and they have used 75mm thick frame to support the gap. If I remove this (which I haven't done yet) I should be able to install the lining kit to suit a 27" door.

Is it OK to fit this liner kit direct to the wall, or do I need to reinforce the frame by installing a further supporting frame to screw the liner to?

If OK to screw the liner kit direct to the wall I assume it's OK to cut the excess off the top of the new door liner to reduce the fitted length (as I'm not needing the extra lenght for a 30" door)?

Sorry for the stupid qusetion, but it didn't come with instructions!

I assume this isn't a supporting wall (current wall runs along the same direction as the floor joist)

Sponsored Links
im assuming the kit youve got is a double head?i:e either to fit a 27"or a 30"
door?
if so once you have built the lining to required size then cut the horns off (excess)and yes you can fit directly to wall.
if the gaps are too much then use packers(ply)etc and maybe use some expanding foam to infill behind,be careful using this because it could push the lining.hopr that helps a bit.
oh and i normally use 8 fixings to each side.

Excellent Gregers, thanks.

It is a double head kit so I had the right idea.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back