Linea 24 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Linea 24 Boiler and everything is working fine on it, the heating is working and the rads are heating it is just when I run the hot tap the water only heats to about 42degrees and will not get any warmer, I have tried to increasing the pressure on the boiler but the water will not go any hotter than this, can anyone suggest anything ?

Sponsored Links
how many litres a minute is coming out of the tap and what temperature is your cold tap at?

I think about 3 litres or so but I have noticed as well that when I turn the tap so it does not run as quickly the temp rises a little to about 53 degrees but not for long.

Check the spindle on the hot water temp control knob hasn't snapped. If it has it would look like it was on max but may only be on half. You'll need to remove the PCB to do this though. Also try running the hot water up to the 43DegC you're getting then immediatly turn of the tap and check what the temp reads on the display. If it reads about 63DegC (approx 20 higher) then you have an electrical problem, if it reads very high, maybe 80DegC or something like that, you have a blocked calorifier. If the primary temp isn't high enough the hot water temp will never reach target

Sponsored Links
I think about 3 litres or so but I have noticed as well that when I turn the tap so it does not run as quickly the temp rises a little to about 53 degrees but not for long.

3 litres a minute is barely a trickle, it must be more than that. you will have to measure it to get an accurate reading. its also best to measure the temp at the tap, dont rely on the boiler display for temp readings.

the linea 24 can provide 35 degree rise at 9.5 litres a minute. 43 degrees at your tap at 9.5 l/m is probably bang on for this time of year, it will depend on your incoming mains temp of course.

why not rely on the boiler's own temp readings? the temp on the display is taken directly from the sensors, at the tap the temp will have dropped a few degrees anyway.

why not rely on the boiler's own temp readings? the temp on the display is taken directly from the sensors, at the tap the temp will have dropped a few degrees anyway.

exactly. if you want to know thw temp of the water coming out of the tap, measure it at the tap.

Thank you for your help, to tell the truth its my parents boiler and I have had a little look at it to try and fix it myself, I guess I didnt realise that it would be so technical, considering I am a typist and have had nothing to do with boilers in the past, so I have no idea where to find the spindle on the temp control or how to remove the PCB, however hopefully with help I am willing to give it a try. I will get a more accurate reading of the water flow tomorrow when I visit them as they give me the reading over the phone today.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tanya

I know that "plumbers" are known to be thick and that they all left school at 15 because they had no chance of going to uni but.........

In my view considerable skill and experience is required to be able to diagnose faults on boilers.

Tony

I dont think plumbers are thick, I dont think that anyone with a trade is thick, my late uncle was a plumber and he was as bright as a button, however many people think that blonde women are "thick" but with DIY forums in the past I have managed with help to do many things that some people class as only mans work, this includes laying a driveway and a good driveway at that. However Tony I have taken your comments into account and maybe I will call a plumber out to look at the boiler on this occasion. :rolleyes:

I have a Linea 24 Boiler and everything is working fine on it, the heating is working and the rads are heating it is just when I run the hot tap the water only heats to about 42degrees and will not get any warmer, I have tried to increasing the pressure on the boiler but the water will not go any hotter than this, can anyone suggest anything ?

run the hot water. now see the thicker pipes on the left hand side going to the radiators? check to see if they are heating up when you are running the hot water

I know that "plumbers" are known to be thick and that they all left school at 15 because they had no chance of going to uni but.........

That's a cruel one Tony, at least we left Skool to do our apprenticeship, and stick at our trade unlike a career change chancer(CCC), like yourself!!............ ;)

However, as someone that has employed Plumbers for a number of years, they may not be the brightest??!!

I'm with 'nickso' on this one.

The point that I was making is that the public perception is that plumbers are thick and uneducated.

In this case the lady thought that as plumbers are so thick then if they can fix boilers then it would also be easy for her to fix her boiler herself.

Thats why I call myself a boiler engineer to distance myself from the public perception of plumbers.

Amusing really!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back