Diverter Valve Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have a 4 year old Ideal isar H35 condensing combi. All radiators are permanently warm without the CH or DHW being on. I think it could be a faulty diverter valve. As with most modern combis my boiler fires up occasionally to heat up water via the Heat Plate Exchanger and I think it is this heated water that is being transferred to the rads via the faulty diverter valve. Does this diagnosis sound correct? I am not a qualified plumber and do not intend to make the repairs myself. But, for curiosity's sake, I would appreciate advise on how easy (or not!) it is to replace/repair a diverter valve (and a ballpark cost). Also is there any way to turn off the occasional heating of ther Plate Heat exchanger (short of turning off the boiler completely!). Your advice is always greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I thinks thats the right diagnosis.

On earlier boilers the DHW preheat cannot be switched off.

Its not too difficult to take apart and clean and grease.

We would charge out standard diagnostic fee plus about £25 to try to clean it but would prefer to replace int innards.

Tony

Tony, thanks for your advice. Think I'll try the repair route first before I need to buy a new valve. Looks like they upwards of £100 plus the fitting.

I think you can buy a repair kit with just the inards.

Tony

Sponsored Links
dont waste money greasing,repairing the inners,it would last a maximum of 3-4weeks.get the guts changed,its a strightforward job anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back