cable size help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all guys, i have only just started working for my self! I just went to look at a job the problem is they want a cable in the new kitchen for a resterant but they don't know what they want yet! They think theres gonna be a lot of stuff to feed in there! The mains is appox 35meters away its 3phase i was thinking best plan was running a 25mm on a 100amp isolater to the new fuse box in kitchen, does that sound ok

Sponsored Links
No.

An isolator won't provide overload or short circuit protection for the cable.

A fusebox located in a commercial kitchen is a poor choice, it should be located in a separate room.

Dunno.

Will 100A TP be enough for a commercial kitchen? Will 25.0mm² be big enough to provide a 100A supply in that environment, taking into account the ambient temperature derating factor?

There is no way anyone on here can answer your question without a lot more info, which you dont seem to have.

How have you decided on the size of the cable?

35M is a long way, why is it so far from the supply?

It might be better to get a new supply put in locally to where it is needed.

Are you a builder or an electrician?

Martin

Sponsored Links
Am an electrican, gonna put rcd board in kitchen, the kitchen is really small so wont be loads of cookers more mircrowaves, mixers, kettles ect so just thought that it wouldnt pull more than 100amp so picked 25mm because it can carry appox 150amp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back