Baxi 105e Combi - Fires up but no Hot Water - Arrgghhh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, been reading a lot on here about the 105e not firing up when hot water is in demand, and the main culbrit being either the DHW flow switch or diaphragm. wondered if someone could advise on my scenario.

Turn on Hot water, metal pin pops out of both diaphragm bits located bottom left hand side of boiler (i have 2 of these thingys) and boiler fires up, all seems well. water gets hot for a second then goes luke warm, regardless of which setting the boiler is on, CH+HW or just HW you get the same result.

I think i have captured everything, can anyone advise please and if you do reply do it in lamens terms as im a little thick when it comes to boilers.

Really appreciate your time..

Sponsored Links
when the water goes lukewarm is the boiler still on for H/w demand?

after the hot water going lukewarm, does it soon go hot as normal again, like a pattern?

Q:when the water goes lukewarm is the boiler still on for H/w demand?
A:Yes

Q:after the hot water going lukewarm, does it soon go hot as normal again, like a pattern?
A:Sometimes we will eventualy get hot water, but in the main it remains luke warm

Could be a lot of things.

Do the rads heat up when the HW is on? If so the diverter could be leaking/passing a bit

Could be a faulty thermistor

Could be a gas pressure fault

What's the flow of the hot water, is it fast / slow? Does the fault happen when the flow is very high ?

Could be a DHW heat exchanger sludged up a bit but doesn't sound like it

Sponsored Links
Q:do the rads heat up when the HW is on? If so the diverter could be leaking/passing a bit
A:The Rads do heat up when the HW is on

Q:What's the flow of the hot water, is it fast / slow? Does the fault happen when the flow is very high ?
A:The Flow is fine (fast) and regardless of what the demand is (tap on full or half) the luke water is the same (consistant)

powell30";p="1541288 said:
Then you need to replace the diverter valve as it is passing.

Hi what does that mean "Passing" also is this something i can do or should i get a qaulified guy in? I am competant to a level as im an ex IBM CE but my talents do not stretch to boilers unless its standard stuff..

also is the part needed ro repair PN 248061 (BAXI COMBI 80E, 80ECO, 105HE, 105E DIVERTER VALVE 248061)

I have had a quote of £288 which includes a 12 month warranty on anything else that may go wrong..

Your thoughts?

thats 289 i think. Heateam one off repair plus years insurance.

Up to you, it's easy enough if you know what your doing :LOL:

Part number is 248061

Just to advise the British Gas guy came out yesterday, they do a £99 "fix any fault" deal providing you sign up on a 12 month maintenance contract at £20 a month. this was my best option considering the cheapest i could get the exchanger (providing this was the fault) was £110 without fitting, on first inspection the Heat Plate exchanger was identified as the failing element (Retail £50) he replaced it this morning and still it didnt work, so he then replaced the divertor as per Powell30's suggestion, hey presto it works as it should, so all in all im chuffed, as 2 parts were changed that would of cost me £160 without fitting. it took him in total just over 3hrs to diagnoise and replace.
Thanks Powell30 for you replies, i think i did the right thing and get a pro out to sort...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back