Wickes £49.99 WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone fitted the above? Been asked to fit one though not keen as I've not seen one. Apparently it comes complete with seat and even fixings!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good deal, what could possibly go wrong!? :LOL:

Does it have the fill and flush valves included?

I suspect the following will be a good procedure to follow: When you unpack it, take the pan out and stand it on a level surface. Step back and look at it from the front. Go fetch your level and confirm that the pan really is shorter on one side than the other. Take it back to the shop. Spend ages at Wickes unpacking many pans until you find one you're happy with. Have lunch, because by now it will be lunchtime, then fit WC. Charge customer rather more than they expected due to all the arsing about. Have an early day as there's not really time to do anything else

Don't make any difference. A pan is just a pan and at £50 inc.seat, i take it cistern as well, you can bet it is shyte quality. It will still work though.

I saw whole cloakroom sets for 50 notes, they are all much of a muchness. The toilets are fine of the close coupled variety but you may have fun getting the cistern and pan to seat well without leaking.

Sponsored Links
i bet its better quality than the ridiculous designer back to wall pan and cistern from c.p. harts that we fitted to the 'gardeners rest room' at some posh pad today. £535 + vat. what a load of ****e!

Fitted one last week fantastic, cistern already fitted took 30 mins to connect no problems since fitted quality good reccommend them.Basically idiot proof

The only thing I have found wrong with the cheaper wc complete units, is that when the internals start to fail (constantly overflowing etc), then it is a new flush unit as you can never normally get the spares for them.

Graham

Fitted three of the B&Q equivalents. No problems with actual fitting, but have had to tweak the flush button on two when the spring became stuck.

If you're reasonably happy that you're not going to be asked to repair it for free if it develops a fault then you should be ok

Bit the bullet and fiited said wc today. Pleasantly supprised, not a bad unit. pan has a nice big foot so it's pretty stable and it weighs a ton. Flush and fill valves prefitted and didn't leak. As mentioned, the seats a bit flimsy and the outlet spigot could have been a tad longer. However, for fifty notes not at all bad.

I fitted the B&Q equivalent in my flat last year and was / am quite happy with the quality. No leaks / no hassle. Threw away the seat that came with it without even fitting it.

Sounds like I was wrong then, will have to look at them as potential suppliers for contract stuff in future...

Sounds like I was wrong then, will have to look at them as potential suppliers for contract stuff in future...

That might be an idea :idea: Cheapest i can get is around £75 + for pan cist & seat and still a phishy plastic seat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back