Wiring Smeg hob SE2640TC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me with this one?
I have an electric Smeg ceramic hob, model SE2640TC, and I need to connect it to the mains via a terminal which has four points plus one for earth. I have a diagram showing how to connect the mains (yellow wire to the grounds port on the terminal, live wire to interconnected 1-2-3 and neutral to the port 4). The problem the wires coming out of the hob (one brown, one purple, one red and two white wires joint in one) are not connected to the terminal and I have no diagram indicating how to map the internal wires to the mains wires. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
There are loose internal wires? :confused: Take it back to the shop for a replacement!

Normally a hob is connected in the way you describe with a cable which is not supplied with the appliance. You should not have to do anything with internal wires.

A picture would help

I am at work now, will post a picture this evening.
The hob is not new (i.e. it's been used) so I can't take it back. Unfortunately the terminal was taken off so I can't tell any more which internal wire was connected to which terminal (except that the red internal wire was going to the first port which was not connected to any of the mains wires??).

Hi, here is the actual picture:

You can see the internal wires and the terminal. On the terminal, from left to right , ports are as follows: , #1, #2 and #3 are for live; #4 for neutral; #5 for ground.

But I can't work out where to connect the internal wires (purple, two withe wires connected into one, brown and red).

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
If this is new oven, tell the shop to get you a new one.

That one has been messed about with.

Is it new, or is it a second hand special?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back