no hot water and only few radiators working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i hope someone can help!!!i have no pressure on my hot water taps and 2 radiators (ones furtherst away from boiler) are not working. I have bled the rsadiators to no avail. Also the combi ignites but then after about 30 seconds the flame goes out!what could this be??i rang one plumber who said i may need to power flush the system but he wanted silly money. Do you think this is what the problem could be or does he just want my cash? :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yep its a combi, already checked pressure and thats ok
any suggestions?

taps are fine cold water runs fine but hot is barely a dribble!ahhh!!

i have been told it could be the divertor valve, a plumber (who new nowt about boilers!!!!) siad the pump seemed ok and someone else reckoned sludge. Im confused and dont want to shell out loads of money, seems starnge how some radiators work yet thoise furthest away (i live in a flat) dont. Before they stopped workingg altogether there was a horible clicking sound too, dont know if this helps

You could try closing all your rads except for the 2 and running your system. Then check if the feed pipes to them are getting hot.

If so, it means that they are receiving hot water but is not circulating around the rads.

Could be a blockage which will need flushing ouy or the Trvs are sticking which can be loosened by removing the head and tapping the pins. :D

Hi Kev :D

yeah i tried that yesterday the feedpipes are freezing too!it seems weird why the boiler keeps cutting out!and also no hot water4 (although the hot bwater issue has been like that foir ages whereas rad problem is only in last few weeks
cheers

Pump blockage, sludge elsewhere in the system. :(
Try a cleanser and a full drain down and flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back