renault megane 1.5dci 2003 headlamp bulb change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..any of you guys know how to change the headlamp bulb passenger side without having to remove the entire front bumper...seems to drastic to change a bulb...cant drive at night as 1 headlight is out..rang the dealers they say they want £80 TO CHANGE THE BULB as the bumper has to be removed..lol...i told them to go anf Fxxx themselves... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thats the way its done mate - Modus and new Clio are just the same.
Its actually not too bad, but its best, but not essential, to remove the wheel arch liners first...and its best to remove the wheels to do that, etc.
Take a tip though - renew all of the bulbs at the same time, using quality ones. Saves having to do the job again.
John :)

I have changed the headlight bulbs both sides on my 54 plate Megane, and did not have to take the bumper off at all- just a bit of squirming and you could do with an extra joint in your arm. Persever, it can be done!

I have also done a front indicator bulb and that really is near nuff impossible. The designers at Renault should have to come and personally change every one!!!! My arm/ wrist were bruised for days afterwards. You can get your fingers on the holder but was near impossible to twist because of angle you are at! Hope I neve have to do another in my life!

John is right tho- only use branded bulbs so you hopefully dont have to do it again.

Ian

Sponsored Links
Back