Best combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can someone please tell me whats the best kind of combination boiler to get for reliability and most powerful thanks

Sponsored Links
Broag Avanta 39c you'll need a 28mm gas supply to it though, mine's over two years old now and it has been good as gold! ;)

Dave
It depends on what your hot water demand/requirements are, and also what your incoming mains flow/pressure is like.

Graham

keep away from glow worm seem to be a year or so behind everyone.

im always hearing good things about rehema.

ease of fit, servicing and parts - worcestor.

Sponsored Links
Ideal Lodic plus is a vgood boiler.

what output do you need/require have you 2/3 bathrooms? have you measured the room sizes to determine the btus req per rad per room

I am a sole trader and would seriously suggest that you consider an Intergas boiler.

If you are replacing an old boiler it would be a very good idea to fit a magnaclean onto the heating return pipe just before it conects to your new boiler.

When deciding which boiler to spend your hard earnt money on think ahead, remember that the price of gas is constantly increasing year on year so an economical appliance what you need.

The truly economical appliances have an out side temperature sensor wired back to the boiler.

This enables the boiler to varie the temperature the Radiators get to when the heatings on.

With the sensor fitted your rads will not get very hot on days like today where the temperatre out side was around the 12 degree mark, but those same rads will get hotter once the sun goes down and the out side air temp is colder.

When the boiler runs at lower flow temperatures it get more heat out of every £1 you spend on gas.

The trade name for this energy saving outside sensor thing is "Weather Compensation"

make sure your installer knows what it is.
Tim

baxi duo tec says so in which magazine......

Baxman, sorry to hi-jack the thread for a moment, i was just wondering if you've had any problems with the Duotec, the last three a colegue hae fitted have all had poor hot water. \i'm going to look at one tomorrow

Sounds like you work for baxi so i thought i'd ask!

Worcester spares are ridiculous on price, all combi's are crap so get one with the biggest warranty ie 5 years

The truly economical appliances have an outside temperature sensor wired back to the boiler.

This enables the boiler to vary the temperature the Radiators get to when the heatings on.

With the sensor fitted your rads will not get very hot on days like today where the temperature outside was around the 12 degree mark, but those same rads will get hotter once the sun goes down and the outside air temp is colder.
I agree.

When the boiler runs at lower flow temperatures it get more heat out of every £1 you spend on gas.
My first reaction on reading that was to think that it was rubbish, then it dawned on me that you were talking about the increased output due to the boiler condensing.

The trade name for this energy saving outside sensor thing is "Weather Compensation". Make sure your installer knows what it is.
I asked one installer what he thought of weather compensation. His reply: "What's that? Is it like a frost stat?"

I'm just trying to think of what boiler hasn't yet been mentioned yet... :LOL:
This is a pointless post, everyone has their favourites and there are many good boilers out there and many bad ones.
The best advice is for the OP to find a good installer or 2 and let them quote and recommend something, then if(and only if) he's still not sure, then come back and let us know what was recommended.

I'd recommend the broag remeha avanta range or Viessmann 200.

I've not fitted an ATAG but I've heard some good things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back