Veritas R8 Alarm Problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Ive got a problem with my veritas r8 alarm, the main battery in the control panel needs changing. But how do i turn the alarm off completly (i have enginerers code), because when i try to open the control panel or disconnect the supply the alarm starts going off.

Thanks for the help
kamshaft :D

Sponsored Links
That is the anti-tamper switch on the box. If you know which battery you need simply kill power, open panel and swap battery(shouldn't take more than a few seconds) close panel, restore power and reset.

Once you enter engineers mode , all tampers are disabled , so you can then open the lid without the sounder going off.

Sponsored Links
Enter the Engineer code, followed by PROG all lights will come on. you can the open up the panel, to access the battery either 2-6ah or 6-0ah (Better) after resecuring the lid press RESET, the panel will revert to Day mode ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back