boiler servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all Now selling my house but new buyers are asking for us to get the boiler serviced which we havent had done since we bought house..(3 yrs ago).
If i get this done will i get certificate to say its safe from plumber? and roughly how much are you guys charging for this at the moment?

Many thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Expect to pay £60 - £70 depending where you live and make sure the RGI issues a recognised Safety Certificate such as a Gas Safe Register endorsed Certificate, this will list that he has checked appliances for Flueing, Ventilation Spillage, and confirmed gas pressure or gas rate, you may also recieve a print out from a combustion performance analyser ;)

We would generally charge £55 for a service but thats done as we can fit it in and usually seven days after we are called so its not really a repair.

It would be about £65 for just a safety certificate and come within a day or two.

Depending on the boiler we would usually charge £55 for the service plus £35 for a certificate at the same time but the Certificate would include checking the gas installation and any other appliances.

I am finding most sellers are only asking for a service with a detailed receipt. The reality is the Solicitors dont really know what they want and thinking they should have something vary in what they ask for.

Tony

Excellent thanks alot for the quick replies!! thats pretty much what i was expecting to pay
I'll ask about the certificates before i arrange anything solid

Many thanks guys

Jon

Sponsored Links
It might be cheaper if you check with your solicitor that all he requires is a receipt showing that a service has been carried out.

Alternatively you could ask if he just wants a safety certificate.

At our charges either of these would be cheaper than both!

Some others may do the certificate free but we have learnt that they often create further queries, usually from third parties, which can take a long time to deal with.

A typical example is a landlord's certificate where the landlord is in an argument or being hounded by environmental health.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back