saniflo pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have disable shower & toilet unit thats where it has been installed, there is RCD unit they fitted in metre compartment and it has 2 switches 1 for shower and 1 for pump,light & wc also there are 2 fuse boxs on top of the saniflo unit. The problem is pump not working due to the pump trip switch it get trip.When I take the fuse from WC fuse box it doesn't get trip but still pump doesn't work. Can any one please help what is the problem?

Sponsored Links
From what I can decipher from your post, it sounds as if there is a fault with the macerator motor. If I am understanding you correctly, are you saying that the saniflo is causing the rcd / fuse to trip, so you reset it, and it trips out again ? Can you hear any noise from the saniflo before it trips out ? :confused:

Dear All,
first time I have looked inside a Saniflo; mine was not turing off.
Discovered the pressure operated micro-switch was faulty, not clicking, baciscally shorted out. It may have got damp and water perhaps caused it to fuse "shut"...

Anyway, I notice the switch wire appears to be deliberately poking down towards the base of the unit, and if the wiring get's damp due to a small leak, it's quite likely it would trip the RCD/ELCB...
So it sounds to me like the switch or diaphram has failed, maybe it's too full of water and diaphram switch is faulty, perhaps water has got in through the top seal... The Diaphram pressure switch isn't designed to be kept under water.

Get a wet/dry vacuum cleaner and be prepared to suck up waste water etc, then you are ready.
So the unit needs opening up, remove the pump/switch unit complete, just 3 screws need undoing. Unclip the diaphram and carefully prise open the case where the plunger/diaphram meets, pull it open from the base, examine the micro-switch with a multi-meter and visually.. if switch still "clicks" and makes good electric circuit when pressed in, it's the motor that's faulty. if not, it's the switch. The Micro-Switch is easy to replace, and you can get one from eg maplins.
I'd guess that the diaphram and other switch parts are available as spares.

Sponsored Links
Dear All,
first time I have looked inside a Saniflo; mine was not turing off.
Discovered the pressure operated micro-switch was faulty, not clicking, baciscally shorted out. It may have got damp and water perhaps caused it to fuse "shut"...

Anyway, I notice the switch wire appears to be deliberately poking down towards the base of the unit, and if the wiring get's damp due to a small leak, it's quite likely it would trip the RCD/ELCB...
So it sounds to me like the switch or diaphram has failed, maybe it's too full of water and diaphram switch is faulty, perhaps water has got in through the top seal... The Diaphram pressure switch isn't designed to be kept under water.

Get a wet/dry vacuum cleaner and be prepared to suck up waste water etc, then you are ready.
So the unit needs opening up, remove the pump/switch unit complete, just 3 screws need undoing. Unclip the diaphram and carefully prise open the case where the plunger/diaphram meets, pull it open from the base, examine the micro-switch with a multi-meter and visually.. if switch still "clicks" and makes good electric circuit when pressed in, it's the motor that's faulty. if not, it's the switch. The Micro-Switch is easy to replace, and you can get one from eg maplins.
I'd guess that the diaphram and other switch parts are available as spares.
Thanks dudelyfrank,
The pump on our saniflo stopped working and I eventually worked out the switch had failed. Your advice for fixing it was spot on. I had anticipated £300 at least for a new unit but following your guidance indeed a £1.79 standard microswitch from Maplin fixed it. Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back