locating a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to locate my C/H pump, but have no idea where to begin. Is there any help/advice people can give to help narrow down my search.

Are they usually located under floor boards? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thet can be under floorboards or anywhere.....you may not even have one, give us some more system details.

Apologies for the stupid but obvious question - why do you need to find the pump?

Sponsored Links
its often in the airing cupboard, next to the hot water cylinder.

hot radiators upstairs, but they are cold downstairs.

I did get them to heat up for a period yesterday after giving the pipes a good going over with a hammer (not enough to damage it though), but they went cold again.

I think I can hear the pump going, but wondered if there might be an air pocket preventing the circulation of the hot water.

I've looked all aorund the airing cupboard, but there is no sign of the pump so I think it must be under the house (I live in a 1930s semi) and that's where my next door neighbourds was located.

It's a fairly old C/H system and I think it might be a gloworm, not sure though.

Am I barking up the right tree with my fault diagnosis or can one of you experts point me in the right direction.

Thnaks for your help.

odvious, but someone is bound to ask this.

Have you bled the radiators on the ground floor :?:

The pump might be located under the floor boards in the room above the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back