Vaillant Combi boiler Turbomax VUW 242/1E OR 282/1e Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a problem with our hot water supply to both the shower and taps.

It runs hot for about 2 mins then goes cold then gets\hot again !!

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance :confused: :confused:

I have read some posts from 2007 and I notice that if the hot tap is on
the lights go on and off, is that normal or should they stay on all the time ?

After checking again,, when the boiler is set for hot water only the heating pipe is geting hot as well circulating pump doesn't seem to be coming on though is this normal ! ?

Sponsored Links
water running hot/cold is usually domestic h/ex partially blocked. CH warm when hot tap is on is diverter valve probs.

edit: check the pipes as above (and as i said), grab a hold of the CH pipes and see if they get hot when you have Ch off and turn HW tap on.

Had the same problem myself, its usually a torn/split diaphram in the diverter valve; costs around £10 (max) to sort with a repair kit

this one http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/product.asp?prd=278243

Could be the diverter thats clogged and this is the more expensive fix, happened to me, cost me £100+ to sort. you can tell this is the issue as the radiator pipes will warm (should never happen if just opening taps for hot water).

You can also use a diverter repair kit (wish i'd known this!) for around £30, e.g.

http://www.clickonbathrooms.co.uk/acatalog/VAILLANT_140352_DIVERTER_VALVE_.html

probably a blocked dhw ht exh,if diaphram was split it wouldnt lift at all so cannot make the micro switch to fire the boiler so you wouldnt get any hotwater at all .dont try an fit the repair kit there not worth the grief.

Sponsored Links
probably a blocked dhw ht exh,if diaphram was split it wouldnt lift at all so cannot make the micro switch to fire the boiler so you wouldnt get any hotwater at all .dont try an fit the repair kit there not worth the grief.

amen to that,new div every time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back