AQUALISA AQUAVALE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry I have posted twice today (2 problem's I have) and would love help with,

2nd problem: My shower mixer is dripping all the time, water drips constantly (every 5 seconds or so) from the showerhead and is staining the back of bath a bit. It;s been like this for a year now almost.

Is the mixer cartridge at fault? if so, how do I get the cover off to replace the cartridge as it won't seem to budge at all and I am not a weak man!!

It is AQUALISA AQUAVALVE (white/about 15 years old). It has a round dial and the pipes are behind the wall/in the airing cupbaord to it.

Thanks for your help again

All the best

Paul

Sponsored Links
time for a new cartridge.
what model aquavalve is it ? 200, 430, 600, 605.

I think the o-ring seals must have gone on it.

It is a manual type (not thermostatic type) In the book there are 400 it is panel mounted type.

Sponsored Links
Seco services - thanks for your help. I have tha diagram also in the shower booklet. I am struggling to get the white plastic cap off to be able to get to the screws!! Is it scaled up/stiff due to this? I don't want to crack/split it! Any tips please?

ok I will have to have a think!!

Do i have to turn it to any exact position or jsut pull as it is now (in off position)

Any tips to remove....? Any tool I should use maybe? Thanks for your help by the way

case of just wiggling it about as they are both plastic so be careful
if you use any leverage. it just sits on a spline.
try not to damage them as they are both about £30

Cheers seco. I will give it a go and try my best. Might try some de scaler if I can't shift it now, see if B & Q sell any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back