where do i centre the shower on a p shaped bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to install a p shaped bath from b+q and im going to install a hidden pipework shower, one with the valve hidden in the wall and a big pipe coming out from the top to a big shower head.
the question is, where should i centre this to?

bear with me this would be much easier with a pen and paper!
the bath is 700 wide at each end and 800 wide at the widest p shaped bit.
the way i see it is i have 2 options.

1. centre the shower at 400 from the side wall so the head sits directly above the middle of the shower enclosure bit made by the 'P' end
2. centre it at 350 from the side wall so it sits in the middle of the wall space between the hinge bar of the shower screen and the side wall.

on one hand the head will be directly above you
on the other hand the controlls and head pipe will sit more astetically in the space given!

personally i think option 1 is the best but as ive never done this before im looking for advice, opinion and experiences of this please

oh and i realise if i had chosen a riser rail i could solve this by centreing the rail at 350 and offsetting the head but hey!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back