Philips ADP952 dishwasher = salt light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some months ago the salt light started coming on despite having filled the reservoir and following the user manual instructions.

Tapping the front panel would sometimes turn the light out but now it is permanently lit and cannot be persuaded to go out.

Does anyone have any guidance on what the cause might be and how to investigate further. I am quite competent at taking machines apart - and putting back together again !.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
I think these have a little sensor on the side of the salt box inside the machine.
i don't think you have a major issue that will cause the machine to stop working , just a sensor which is faulty

is a case of having a look at the salt box in the base of the machine.
simple to replace , a tadd more tricky to get too but not much

Sponsored Links
It appears to be held in with a large plastic nut - if I undo that then I presume the salt box will lift up - what will happen to all of the water inside ? is the salt box a jar-shaped container with feed hoses attached for the water supply in and softened water out? thanks again. Mike

I gave the salt box a very good stir with the handle of a wooden spoon, then gave the top side of the salt box housing a series of sharp taps with the same wooden spoon handle and thus far all ok. If problem comes back i will take it apart.

Thanks cakeman for your comments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back