Socket From Lighting Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I probably know the answer to this already :cry: but is it permissible to spur a wall socket from the lighting circuit

Reason: to save lifting my nicely polished floorboards. I have an easily accesible lighting circuit but not the socket ring

Its only to power a small stero/alarm clock - am happy to protect with a low Amp FCU or similar ?

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
You could wire a BS546 5-amp socket directly to the lighting circuit.

Sponsored Links
hi i have a 5A Round Pin Skt in my new home in london and i have no clue where to buy the uk adapter that will match the same round pins on my wall can anyone help!!!!! Thank you

does this have a uk adaptor from front cnt i see the pic only from the back!!!! I need to pu my uk adapter in the three pin skt on my wall,

The item on the link above is just a plug for connecting to the flex of whatever it is you want to power. There used to be various adapters to allow you to connect a 5A plug to a 13A socket, but you won't find any off-the-shelf adapter to do the opposite.

hi i have a 5A Round Pin Skt in my new home in london and i have no clue where to buy the uk adapter that will match the same round pins on my wall can anyone help!!!!! Thank you

It may have been better for you to have started your own topic.

You mention your 'new home'.

If this is a new build it is possible your 5 amp socket is controlled by a light switch, designed so you can plug in table lights, standard lamps, etc.

If there is such an adaptor nowadays than plugs into a 5 amp socket to allow a 13 amp plug to go into it then it's open to abuse.

Yep you don't want to be plugging in wash machines in there or hoovers! Imagine it poor old cleaner sees a 1363 and assumes she can plug something her 2000w hoover into it. Before she knows it she has either tripped the fuse or burnt the house down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back