Fair tiling price per m2.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can any body please give me an accurate price what a tiler would charge, labour only, per m2 to lay floor & wall tiles.
This is with no extra work needed, just to actually lay the tiles.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Type of tile? size of tile? Total Area? amount of cuts? Supply adhesive and grout? Sanitary ware in place or bare room?

You will most likely get a price for the job, M2 would really only be for large projects and commercial work.

Jason

I'm with Jason on that. Is the floor perfectly flat or does it need levelling?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I just need an idea of the price just for laying tiles, no other work involved.
Lets say ceramic tiles 60cm x 60cm on flat floor & flat walls.

Thanks.

seriously, you will never get an accurate price per M2 without the tiler looking at the job and type of tiles. And different parts of the country vary considerably !

Personally I haven't priced per M2 for over 10 years - everything is based on how long the job will take me taking all of the above queries into consideration.

Hi, I just need an idea of the price just for laying tiles, no other work involved.
Lets say ceramic tiles 60cm x 60cm on flat floor & flat walls.

Thanks.

They are likely to be porcelian at that size. In the leeds area i would estimate between £25-£30.
I know that you're only after an idea, but consider that if you have a small room the price per m2 is likely to be more because 1) He is likely to be there half a day, that he still has to drive to you (travel time and cost) and the amount of cuts will be higher..whereas if you had a bigger floor, he can spread the travel cost over a large M2, he has a larger area of tiles he does not need to cut etc...so could be lower.

Best bet is to ask a few tilers for free quotes..most do this without obligation....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back