Zanussi Washing Machine Wont Stop Pumping!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys - been around the block with this one - doesnt seem to a a common problem that i can find any other peoples experiences with.

Done a hefty search and not found anything anyway......

Machine details - Zanussi Electrolux Jetsystem ZWF14791W 1400 8kg

Problem - Stuck on this pump cycle indefinitely.

Whenever you start any program, the machine used to turn on the pump for a few seconds to check no water remained from previous wash - now the pump remains on indefinitely and never switches off.

It goes right to the end of the wash cycle and never turns the pump off or does anything else.

I have cleaned the pump out and the pipes.

i have also placed some water in the drum and it pumps it out with no problem

So any idea why it refuses to accept its done its job and pumped out all the water?...............

There are no error codes shown on the LCD display either - its a real head-scratcher!

Cheers folks!

Eric

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure switch and pipe. The switch may be stuck on and so does not progress (it will think it is still full or maybe overfull)

Otherwise I would be looking at a faulty PCB

Hi there

My friend had the same problem. His Zanussi had an anti flood device that had gone dicky.

The only anti-flood device on these machines is the pressure switch which has a overfill cut off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the diagnosis - i am new to all this so didnt know where to start

Further investigation on the subject of pressure switches told me that there are the two ways of the machine ending the pump cycle - a timer or the pressure

So i filled the drum up of as much water as it could take and pumped it through and it seems to have tripped it

So all seems to be working now!

Thanks for the help folks.

Ah no - hold the phone...............

After placing some water myself in the drum and the machine pumping it out and starting the washing cycle, its stopped again at the end of the wash cycle - immediately after pumping out the dirty water.

Same thing again - once reaching the next pump phase it just carries on pumping and wont stop.

Bit weird how i can give it a nudge once but then it gets stuck in its loop again the next time the pump is used.

Pull the pipe off the switch & blow down it to clear any blockage, you should hear the water in the pump bubbling as you blow. If that is ok take the same pipe off the pump end & blow down it , you should hear the switches actuate & deactuate. Next check the sitches for continuity when actuated & deactuated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back