Infrared Patio Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an external light on our patio and I am thinking about installing a wall-mounted 2KW infrared patio heater. Will it be ok just to replace the light with the patio heater or will the wiring not be high enough rated and I should get a new point wired up for the heater?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
2kW to heat fresh air, wow, thats the equivalent to 40 downlights :)

In the long run, it might work out cheaper to build a conservatory over the area that you intend to heat :D

What a vast, utterly pointless waste of electricity.

Is it ?

They are an alternative to gas umbrella heat, and as someone who likes an occasional fag with my pint I'm more than happy that the local pubs have canvas parasols with IR heaters kicked in to a time switch with proximity sensors.

Since us Brits are getting more into the BBQ culture of the Aussies and the Greeks what would you suggest for a 'better' form of temp outdoor heating.
Imagine your still cooking the BBQ food, ravenous guests that won't go home, It's sun down and the chill of the air has arrived.

(1st one to say 'wear a coat' gets sarcastic remarks !)

My current solution is to break out the tequila which warms very nicely from the inside out :D

doesn't your BBQ produce much heat??

the last thing i have ever felt i wanted whilst cooking at the BBQ is a heater

;) :LOL:

doesn't your BBQ produce much heat??

the last thing i have ever felt i wanted whilst cooking at the BBQ is a heater

;) :LOL:

In a terrace, although we have a 145ft garden we don't cook on the patio due to the lovely smells of lamb kebabs, masala fish and marinated pork being too close to neighbours windows and door.

How we handle rainy BBQ's :eek:

Reason for not doing BBQ on patio (too close to neighbours).

holy moly, thats some mowing :O

You would think that but Chris has come up with a time saving strategy!

267332697_7f64e76057.jpg

if you want to cook outdoors, get a couple of chimeneas or build a fire place and sit near that.. or if it's too cold, build a barbequeue hut like the fins / swedes / norwegians ( or whichever one of those lot up there ) do..

or get a fire pit..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back