imperial pipes and metric pipes joints etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i was wondering whats the best way to join the old imperial pipes half inch to the newer metric 15mm when fitting sinks and baths
richard

Sponsored Links
There are metric/imperial adaptors available to use,but as the sizes are so close most pipe stranglers don't bother and go straight to metric.

There are metric/imperial adaptors available to use,but as the sizes are so close most pipe stranglers don't bother and go straight to metric.

1/2" bore pipe is nearly the same OD as 15mm tube, so that standard solder or compression joints can be used.

With 3/4" or 1" pipe there is too much difference between the sizes to safely use metric joints. Solder end-feed imperial to metric adaptors are the cheapest and best fix; you can get adaptor olives to fit in metric fittings.

Sponsored Links
There are metric/imperial adaptors available to use

Are there? 1/2" to 15mm? News to me, I just use 15mm fittings!

They are available but fk knows who buys them? Can't be just for the DIYers as they have been available since metric change over before anyone really DIYed :rolleyes:

Probably get spec'ed by some Archie tec/specy fire types.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back