boiler will trips out when heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping many of you have come across this before.

I have moved into a new house which has a potterton suprima boiler, I have had problems with air collecting in the rads since i moved in and also 3 of the rads have cold spots,

The header tank in the loft gets hot when the boiler is on and has at leased an 1" of silt in the bottom.

I cleaned the whole system/ header tank/ took every radiator off and wrinsed through etc.

But after refilling the system and bleeding the rads the boiler cuts out when set on hot water, it makes a hell of banging before tripping out.
I have tried bleeding the coil in the tank by undoing the actuator fittings, but its still tripping the boiler.

the boiler is 3 years old but the rest of the system is older.

anyone have any ideas, if i dont get this fixed the wife will devorce me!

Sponsored Links
When operating in hot water mode the pump is still normally used to circulate the central heating water round a closed loop. Hot water is passed through a heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
When operating in hot water mode the pump is still normally used to circulate the central heating water round a closed loop. Hot water is passed through a heat exchanger.

Success after bleeding more parts from the boiler to the coil in the hot water tank, I found a section of blocked pipe, its now running :)

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back