Lighting Solutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, just after some advice.

In the process of building a tardis for my young cousins & i plan on istalling two GU10 downlights. I want to put a switch on them and run them on a plug......not sure about cable size (0.75mm ? ) of fuse amp ???

also I have wall lights (ceramic uplighters) which are connected to a fused spurred switch connected to a ring mains socket.....what amp fuse should this be connected with ????

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
I do not think you will get many answers to this post as your proposal sounds to be inherrently potentially very dangerous. I would suggest you explore the possibility of fitting battery operated lights.

In the process of building a tardis for my young cousins & i plan on istalling two GU10 downlights. I want to put a switch on them and run them on a plug......not sure about cable size (0.75mm ? ) of fuse amp ???
I'd be inclined to use LED downlights not halogens if possible. Shouldn't need replacing for a very long time and won't burn any small person's fingers! A 0.75mm² flex, a 3A fuse in the plugtop and an inline switch should suffice.

also I have wall lights (ceramic uplighters) which are connected to a fused spurred switch connected to a ring mains socket.....what amp fuse should this be connected with ????
Sounds like a bit of a strange setup or are these lights basically spurred from your ring main via the FCU? Your description is a bit confusing! What size is the cable from the FCU? What is the total wattage of the lighting? It is likely that a 3A fuse will be most appropriate.

Why don't you consider using the battery led spot lights that come from b&Q ( link) for your death chamber I mean tardis. They are magnetic so if you nailed some metal sheeets up the little en could move them around for different effects and generally interact with them in complete safety.

There are not many home made toys featuring a connection to the mains are there?

Martin[/url]

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bit of a strange setup or are these lights basically spurred from your ring main via the FCU? Your description is a bit confusing! What size is the cable from the FCU? What is the total wattage of the lighting? It is likely that a 3A fuse will be most appropriate.

Sorry yes they are spurred from the ring main via the FCU . Im sure the cable is 0.75mm and the total wattage is 120w. 3A is already fitted. Thanks.

There are not many home made toys featuring a connection to the mains are there?

Essentially it isn't a toy as it is a permnament fixture and is the height of the room and built with about 25 lengths of CLS.

Ive decided to use something similar to this http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1270209367472&isSearch=true

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back