ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This nonsense about giving out technical details is just plain silly. You can get every manual for every alarm for a tenner. What good is it to a crook anyway? They break in and and pinch stuff - not reset your alarm system for you.

Utter rubbish as usual joe-90, if people could get every manual for every alarm, why would they come on here asking "how to"

the defaulting information posted above is NOT available in the manual.

dont sound like your even in the trade if you've got that attitude

Sponsored Links
They don't want to pay for them. If you knew anything about alarms you'd realise that the manual is useless as far as breaking in goes. What information does it contain that would help?

If you knew anything about alarms, then you'd realize that what you've just said is sheer stupidity.

I dont know how to deal with a comment like that......your just too dumb.

Not being funny 0xFFFF, but if you've got problems with your system then get a decent local alarm company in to default and re-program for you, it will be alot cheaper than adt and its peace of mind its been done correctly.

I've been installing alarms for 25 years. Now tell me in what way an engineers manual helps a crook.

Sponsored Links
If this is a system with decoy sirens and no monitoring contract still in place then its not an alarm at all but just a piece of furniture.

Many Thanks John,
I have the engineers book freely available online - and a good understanding of how the system has been configured. I shouldn't need any more help.

Re mryoungs comment - I don't want to start an argument but - if Billy Burgler rings up ADT they are happy to tell him how to completely disable their alarms as mentioned in my original post.

Many thanks again

Malcolm

Can you post a link to the manual please?

I don't want to start an argument but - if Billy Burgler rings up ADT they are happy to tell him how to completely disable their alarms as mentioned in my original post.

Find that rather hard to believe, and only have your word for that.

joe, my point was not to do with manuals, as i said, the information that john gave is NOT in the manual, only trained engineers know this procedure, even though john's interpretation is incorrect and not "how to"

Well what does the manual say you need do to return to factory default?

so my way is wrong then??

its worked for me on a number of occasions.

and i have been fitting security systems for just over 26 years now, (but i am never one to say that what or how i don something is correct, and i am always willing to learn new ways of getting done what i do daily)

so email me with the way that you think it should be done, and then i will see.

and yes i am a professional installation engineer, even tho my spelling sometimes is a bit lousy,

i am a company director of a small electrical, fire, security and cctv installation company, so i do have a few credentials,

John

so my way is wrong then??

its worked for me on a number of occasions.

and i have been fitting security systems for just over 26 years now, (but i am never one to say that what or how i don something is correct, and i am always willing to learn new ways of getting done what i do daily)

so email me with the way that you think it should be done, and then i will see.

and yes i am a professional installation engineer, even tho my spelling sometimes is a bit lousy,

i am a company director of a small electrical, fire, security and cctv installation company, so i do have a few credentials,

John

C'mon john, re-read what you wrote, your missing a bit! John i know a bulls##tter when i read one and i've never thought you were. i have never doubted your technical ability, just thought your judgment was wrong in this case.

Joe, to default the system, the code must be known.

the procedure in question dose not default the system, but, is a means to an end

sorry mate but i have defaulted a number of G2 systems in the past,
usually due to the customer not knowing the master code,

wereas, the other systems our company has adopted we knew the codes, if you are an installer yourself, hopefully with many years behind you, you should also have the usual national alarm company, codes, or have access to an engineer who has,

using the way i do it defaults the system to a degree to enable access to the engineer who is doing it.

if you know of another way, let me know, because the way i am using came from Honeywells rep (engineering)

if you access the end station try the following

remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory

BE AWARE BY DOING THIS YOU NOW HAVE TO REPROG THE WHOLE SYSTEM

do not do this unless you have either an engineers book or have knowledge of the system

contact me if you need any further help

john

This method works 100% but i have to aggree with MrYoung, i honestly don't think it should be given out on a public forum but thats my silly idea again.

Many Thanks John,
I have the engineers book freely available online - and a good understanding of how the system has been configured. I shouldn't need any more help.

Malcolm

Malcolm please let us know how you get on with resetting the codes.

John, are you nsi or ssaib

oh, i dont know any other company engineer codes btw, dont need to know, any engineer worth his salt wont need to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back