ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here-say then. Did you bed any clients today?
What planet are you on?

Do you seriously think I'm going to give out any more information than I have.

and by the way, I go to work every day to keep security systems in good working order etc, not to fantasise about bedding the clients.

I really think you should get help before you do something you might regret thinking like that all the time.

My last post on this thread/subject.

Sponsored Links
You've spent too much time drinking coffee and listening to the crap from engineers in Gardiners. :rolleyes:

Just like to add the defaulting on a G2 Gal was incorrect anyway.

Page 1 or 2 of this thread :D

as i've said numerous times on here "incorrect and NOT how too"

But what do i know, i've only been installing galaxy for the past 10 years.

Sponsored Links
Hey i`m new here, and seem to be agreeing with you.
Used galaxy for years.

8 16 ect 500 512
Got a few full up.
520`s and Dimensions.

also fully loaded TS2500`s

calm down m8, we are singing from the same song sheet

Hey i`m new here, and seem to be agreeing with you.
Used galaxy for years.

8 16 ect 500 512
Got a few full up.
520`s and Dimensions.

also fully loaded TS2500`s

calm down m8, we are singing from the same song sheet

lol matey, that wasn't aimed at you, just cant stand bull******* that blag it.

Hi all

I have recently had a similar problem with this panel where a full reset was required. The message 'call ARC quote 33544' appeared despite the alarm not being a monitored system. I have called ADT and 3 or 4 local alarm companies explaining I needed an 'anticode' to clear the message which was preventing the system from setting but in all cases. nobody was really interested in taking on the job with some saying I just needed a new panel. Anyway, thanks to some posts on this forum, I have managed to resolve this myself.

So thanks again

Honeywell Galaxy series two are one of the best panels and that is why they are used by ADT , Secom and all of the big alarm companies. They are used to protect government buildings and huge businesses. However a very common problem is failing to communicate. The best fix for this to try first is to set the alarm and then open a door contact and set the alarm off. Leave the alarm sounding for at least two mins at a minimum. You should get the texts through and this can sometimes fix the fail. This problem is common after a short activation eg. you set the alarm at night and stood up in the night and got a drink but the alarm went off and you quickly realised and de activated it. If this dose not work call adt or your installer and get it fixed however this can amount up to £120 with call out charges.

Another issue is the panel is FINE.

SMS texting isn't, the message can be blocked or just not go thru. The message center numbers can be and are switched off at anytime by the providers.
Two companies now use their own servers Honeywell / Galaxy not being one of them.

I suggest you have the correct facts before digging up an old thread.

Regards

True ADT of whom I worked for last year and Secom PLC of whom I worked for until June 2009 and still have friends working for them now, do have their own servers. You are right. However they still install Honeywell Galaxy Series 2 panels with mk7 keypads. And I who now owns my own security company uses them on every job. We just put it into a Bt phone line. Or for monitoring we do exactly the same thing we did with ADT and install a remote signaller usually Bt red care.
At Secom we used to put it into the phone line to text three mobile numbers of the home owners and used red care to signal it to our monitoring centre so it was faster to let the home owner know and thats a load of bullshit about jamming them because most now use GSM and a Bt landline. And not to be funny but why would you give out your alarm phone number anyway ?

If you mean when I said "Blocked" is jamming, I suggest you get a dictionary and have a look. Firstly blocked is not jamming. It means it gets blocked up at the servers at the SMS provider.

Please explain to me how the house number is seen on the recipient`s caller display when it comes from a center number.

Finally do you write your quotes the same way you type here?

^

LOL!

Honeywell Galaxy series two are one of the best panels and that is why they are used by ADT , Secom and all of the big alarm companies. They are used to protect government buildings and huge businesses. However a very common problem is failing to communicate. The best fix for this to try first is to set the alarm and then open a door contact and set the alarm off. Leave the alarm sounding for at least two mins at a minimum. You should get the texts through and this can sometimes fix the fail. This problem is common after a short activation eg. you set the alarm at night and stood up in the night and got a drink but the alarm went off and you quickly realised and de activated it. If this dose not work call adt or your installer and get it fixed however this can amount up to £120 with call out charges.

SMS coms is iffy at best

Ahh the ADT "Blown Chip", do they mind you giving out their codes?

Yes they do. When you join ADT and indeed with Secom they forbid you from ever telling anyone any information like the codes or types of sensors you have inhaled in properties. They also tell you if you do any private work on one of their systems even if unpaid you will loose your job. A few friends of mine have been caught out one with ADT he went to a house and reset their alarm with the engineer code and when they sent another engineer out he saw there had been a manager reset done on that day then they found out it was him and booted him. Also another mate at secom only the other year and he was a hell of a nice guy. One of the wireless pir's in someones house the battery had died so he rang him up and asked him if he could do it and he did for free but later that year secom came to service it and the battery was nearly full and in the others it was flat so they asked who did it and the homeowner grassed him up. Pity really. I would love to put on the news their code cause they are a sh** company and always were. Money first safety second for installers and customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back