remote control lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You aren't limited to 3 lights, i.e. 1 per gang, only to a total load of 1kW of incandescent lighting per gang, 200W of fluorescent etc.

Just connect all of the lights you want to switch together to the same receiver output, in parallel.

If you can't get below the 1kW limit then you should probably re-think your lighting rather than use a relay.....

You've already provided your connection diagram in your own link, Tonio.

There's no need for a fancy relay provided that the load doesn't exceed 1000W per channel. Simply connect the extra lights in parallel with the existing light(s) with the line connection being White, Yellow or Blue and the neutral connection being the black.

If your're using 'energy efficient' lamps, the case will be altered.........

Lucia.

Hello BAS, I see you've beaten me to it.

I hope you're well, and a Happy Easter to you. I very much miss you on the sad old Sfx website.

Lucia x

Sponsored Links
Compliments of the choccy season to you, Ms Fermi.

Is it any better over there these days?

Sadly not, BAS. I continue to plough my own furrow there in spite of being the Aunt Sally from time to time. But I have to remind myself that I'm there for recreation and not edification.

Now and then, Lectrician looks in and makes the odd post, which is always welcome. I wish that you would do the same - for old time's sake.

Lucia x

I continue to plough my own furrow there
You'll go blind.

in spite of being the Aunt Sally from time to time.
Multiple IDs?

Hmmmmm :mad:

;)

But I have to remind myself that I'm there for recreation and not edification.
Yours or theirs? :LOL:

Now and then, Lectrician looks in and makes the odd post, which is always welcome. I wish that you would do the same - for old time's sake.
Bit of a snag there.....

I regret. BAS, that we didn't become friends during your time there, but at least we managed a sort of accomodation by remaining courteous to one another.

I've never had the need for multiple ID's on that forum, or any forum - including this one. Why else would I sign myself 'Lucia', in all cases, if that were not the case?

Lucia.

I regret. BAS, that we didn't become friends during your time there, but at least we managed a sort of accomodation by remaining courteous to one another.
Mostly, yes. Certainly no serious or long-lasting falling outs.

I've never had the need for multiple ID's on that forum, or any forum - including this one.
Sorry you missed my ;) where I interpreted what you wrote as saying you also posted there as "Aunt Sally".... :confused:

OOI - why did you pick a different, though related, ID for here?

BAS, I'm not into the use of emoticons. I appreciate that they might be of use to those in a hurry, but I prefer the use of long-hand English. Consequenty, I'm a little slow in recognising the subtle differences between all those yellow faces - particularly without my spectacles - besides which, I just don't know how to post them - and i don't want it explained to me, thank you.......

Regardless of my user name - and the reason that I'm unable to register the same name from site to site, I still sign myself:

Lucia x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back