central heating in fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had my boiler turned off to replace a radiator and refit my bathroom suit. When i have turned the boiler back on the boiler is going into fault. I have looked at the pcb inside the controls and the LED display tells me that the pump has over-run any ideas why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it??
If it is a pressurised system then you may need to top up the pressure.
You may have air in the system?

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your help

its a british gas boiler i know a bit more today i have tried to bleed the pump but there was no water coming out when i bleed it so i cracked the fitting into it and there is no water coming from the header tank to the pump (well i assume it should come from the header tank and not the other way round) so then i cracked the pipe work from just as it leaves the header tank and that is flowing ok! the pipe work comes down from the header tank in about 15mm then it goes into a sort of round splitter box and out of that comes 2x 22mm pipes 1 to the pump and 1 to the boiler. do you think the blockage could be this splitter box?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back