Boiler Scrappage Scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would i be correct in saying the scrappage scheme has used all the funds up, and no more available at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if there are there any plans to extend it?

I did hear that it was going to be extended and include up to Band D boilers, and then heard yesterday it had stopped.

Sponsored Links
The funds haven't been used up, but they never said that they would spend ALL the money, just that it was available. They have issued the maximum amount of Vouchers so that if they were all used it would use up the funding available. Unfortunately alot of people are sitting at home with vouchers with no intention of using them. Hopefully when they expire(12 weeks from issue) they will open it up again and so on until the funds have been used. The only problem is by the time the current vouchers expire we'll(probably) be under a new government and it will be up to them to continue it, cancel it, extend it or whatever....

Look out for a sudden announcement of an extension a week or so before the election, I firmly believe they'll wait til then and use it to win brownie points with the voters...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back