Type of fuse within cutout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what type of fuse will be inside the cutout shown in this picture.

I would like to look at the time curve characteristics due to a recent increase in our maximum demand.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It looks like an isolator to me :confused:

Is that the supply or the load end?

It looks like an isolator to me :confused:

Is that the supply or the load end?

Load.

It may well just be an isolator, I was just presuming it was fused because of the 160 Amp label on the front.

The (isolator) in the picture sits below a busbar chamber, from that tails to our meter.

I know where its fed from, another building round the corner in the mill, is that where the supply fuses would be located?

Sponsored Links
I would expect there will be fuses at the other location in the mill to protect the supply cable to that busbar, and the thing pictured will just be an isolator. 160A will be the rating per phase of the isolator, just like a main switch in domestic CU has a current rating on it.

Of course I might be wrong :LOL:

Can't you open it and have a look? I know it has a switch interlock, so if isolating that part of the installation is an issue, PM me. I might how to open it live. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back