Worcester Bosch 24Cdi : removing PRV + weeping from diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I fitted new water to water heat exchanger to my 10 yr old 24CDi (as cause of DHW temp cycling believed to be scaled HEX on DHW side ). As suggested on here I used new O rings and silicone grease and all seemed well when refilling - no leaks. But must has dislodged some crud and that must have partially blocked inlet for pressure gauge capsule. So I unknowingly over pressurized system causing PRV to vent. I have now cleared lots of crud from the housing near capsule and PRV but its passing a little. I see from other posts on here that the PRVs rarely reseat properly so plan to replace it - only problem seems to be that there is very little space between the top of the red cap of the PRV and the casing - doesnt seem to be enough room to maneouvre the thing out. This post explains how to disassemble the valve but clearly dont want to take the new one apart.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=419163#419163

Any suggestions ?

2nd, maybe related, problem

My diverter valve has had a very slight weep for ages (not a drip just staining coming from one of the 4 little weep holes in the neck of the valve). This is now worse (presumably due to over pressure). Not sure but from colour I think its from primary side. Does this need a new diaphragm or new valve ? (plunger stays out ok on demand). Not looking forward to either job as the posts on here indicate that its a bit of a mare on this boiler.

Thanks for looking
Trevor

PS new HEX solved DHW problem

Sponsored Links
welcome to the world of fixing CDi's :LOL: :LOL:

they can be absolute beasts for minor leaks i had one a few weeks ago.
1st the inlet valve leaked, then the left hand side of the plate h/e then a week later the right hand side of the plate and to finally finish it off the filling loop decided to fail!! oh what joy.

bend the case to get the prv out.

i rarely bother to change the brass bit and just change the plastic bit, thats even tighter to get out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back