My Indesit WI121 programmer spins round then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Original fault was the machine had stopped halfway through a wash cycle. I cleaned the not-so-dirty filter and then set it going again, but then the programmer started to spin round without stopping anywhere. Thinking it was the programmer (it had got a bit "loose" in its movement), I ordered another one, but now it spins round and stops on "3". I took the load out and it now spins round and stops on the drain?

Should I drain and start all over again? Or is the spinning indicative of a deeper fault. The neon light does not flash at all, just stays on while the power switch is on. Help!

Sponsored Links
Put it on the black reset dot and wait for rapid flashes that means it's reset.does it drain out what part of the program does it do it

Put it on reset dot/bar and it flashed showing reset. Ahah, I thought, that may have fixed it. Put it on "3" to test for a new wash, but no movement whatsoever now, it just sits there taunting me........

Does it fill or spin Check motor brushes poss worn

Sponsored Links
I now get a "shoosh" as it starts to fill, but then it stops and, again, just sits there.....

ok, will do. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how I get on....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back