Triton Ivory || - no water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Ivory 11 and over the last 6 months when having a hot shower the water has been briefly changing to cold for approximately 2mins and then back again. However during the past month to have a relatively hot shower, we've needed to select a much higher power setting (7 in place of the normal 5). Last week when pulling the power cord, I noticed that the power light was ON the shower unit as normal but when turning the knob to activate the shower, the power light goes of and no water flow appears or sound from the unit. If you switch the knob back to nuteral postion the power light comes back on. It's worth noting that the power light on the pull cord box is always illuminated.
Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the solenoid is at fault, if so how can I test this? I have a digital multi meter but am unsure how to test this.

I noticed that the power light was ON the shower unit as normal but when turning the knob to activate the shower, the power light goes of and no water flow appears or sound from the unit. If you switch the knob back to nuteral postion the power light comes back on. It's worth noting that the power light on the pull cord box is always illuminated.
Many thanks :)

thats a bad connection on the mains cable either in the shower unit or more likely the pullcord.

Right, when the shower stopped working that was my first point of call to verify all the connections.

A bad connection wouldn't that prevent power reaching the unit? I would have thought once you had initiated the pull cord the power light lights up on the Shower unit, only when you you turn the power setting knob on the unit the light goes out but returns as soon as the knob is returned to neutral.

Ok I will go back and check all the connections.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
with the shower turned and the power selector dial turned
do you have power at the tco on both sides ?

are you testing it with a multi meter or neon screwdriver for 230v ?

if you haven't got power at the tco then you haven't got power at the connector block where the cable enters the shower.
as the tco is the first place the live wire go's.
is that correct ?

Sorry no that was my poor reply - what I was implying was no there is no issue there, it is all as it should be. That was what I checked first time around leading me to assume that the solenoide was at fault.

Sorry!

so you have power at the tco when you switch shower on an neon light gos out ?

it sounds like a faulty m/switch

Yes, when you pull the power cord to provide electricity to the shower unit and the shower units power setting knob is in the off position (nuteral), the neon is lit as per norm. Essentially indicating that the unit is ready to use. howere once you turn the power setting knob to either Hot or Cold the neon goes out and nothing happens, although as soon as the knob is returned to the off/neutral position the neon comes back on.

Is there a way of testing the micro switch before purchasing a replacement?

I really appreciate all this help, thank you!

right got that but when you turn the dial to the first setting (cold)
and the neon go's out and no water flow.
check to see if you have 230v at the tco on top of the heat can.

micro switch has failed.

can't remember the color of that one if it's black or grey.
you can tell as the main brown live go's to it.

Brilliant thank you!

I've just ordered one of the Internet for £8. I hope to have received it no later then Friday so will report back!

Again thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back