Blown tyrolean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the story, about four years ago they rendered the front of this old cottage, they meshed it up using rabbit wire,
scratch coated it, left it about a week then floated it, left it a few days then tyroleaned it.
I had seen the wall was hair lined cracked or crazed really and I thought it was through the render,
been out there tonight and seen the tyrolean has lifted off the render in big patches, Its not on there as thick as I would of coated
you can see the render through it with ease, the render seems sound,
this is a first for me as I've only ever seen render blow and never the tyrolean blow on its own,
my thinking is because its to thin as in two passes and not the third, I was taught angle left, right, straight on, and another if you can see the render.
my question is anyone else seen just tyrolean blow.

Sponsored Links
Never seen the actual tyrolean finish itself blow,, as you said Marshy, it's normally the whole render coat that comes away/blows. Hard to say why that should happen, unless maybe it dried out too quick, (hot sun, drying wind), or it was put on in cold weather and the freezing weather/frost got it. Who knows!!

i've had this problem in the past when using admix fraid an overdose will lead to sandy patches on the float work and when sprayed will lift.

Sponsored Links
i've had this problem in the past when using admix fraid an overdose will lead to sandy patches on the float work and when sprayed will lift.

Yeah, or the render could have been rubbed up too dry, so it was a dusty surface that the Tyrolean was sprayed onto.

Yeah, or the render could have been rubbed up too dry, so it was a dusty surface that the Tyrolean was sprayed onto.

Could be, I should get a good look by next year as I think quite a bit will of drop off by then. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back