Vaillant Combi Boiler Ecotec plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is only 3 years old and one of the 2 reinforced rubber pipes on the flow and return has burst, this sprayed inside the cabinet and cut out our electric.I have replaced the faulty pipe but the boiler will not fire up.I have pressurised the system but a fault appears on the digital screen-F32 meaning Fan speed variation-cause -hall sensor defective or fault in cable harness or electronics defective.
No water got to the circuit board.I would be grateful if someone can help me on this as I have a frozen wife to contend with.

Sponsored Links
Did any water get in the fan?

I personally think Vaillant should pay for these bursts as it is a design/production fault.

Perhaps a recall is needed.

If it shows f32 u will need a new fan it's common especially if it's the rh hose u should really fit the upgraded copper replacements however if u choose to just change the hose change the pair as the other usually fails shortly afterwards U will need a rgi to change fan as u gotta break gas joints

If it shows f32 u will need a new fan it's common especially if it's the rh hose u should really fit the upgraded copper replacements however if u choose to just change the hose change the pair as the other usually fails shortly afterwards U will need a rgi to change fan as u gotta break gas joints

Thanks Bunnyman, that's bad news, approx.how much is a new fan.

Kind Regards,

Ragworm.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back