whirpool dishwasher model adp4404,7 flashes on start button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my dishwasher has suddenly stopped working,and there is 7 flashes on green light of start button,machine wont work,have cleaned filters,and tried pressing start a few times,but all it does is try to pump out water or take in a little bit then pump out,help please.

Sponsored Links
Whirlpool Dishwasher Error codes.

F0. 10 flashes. Sensor Break (Only shown in test programme. Not visible to customer).

F1. Single flash. NTC Break. NTC open circuit/short circuit or ambient temperature less than 3 Celcius

F2. 2 Flashes. Water leakage. Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched.

F3. 3 Flashes. Heating system defect. Heater or relay on control board defect. Chack also cabling.

F4. 4 Flashes. Draining failure. Drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect.

F5. 5 Flashes. Sprayarm Blocked (not present on VBL version. On 1 digit display will show as F and flashing start led).

F6. 6 Flashes. Water valve (WV1) is switched on but flow meter (FM) senses no impulses (less than 10 impulses in 10 secs) and the water indicator (WI) is at a low level
Water Valve Closed. Water inlet hose blocked.
Water inlet valve (WV1) defective. Flow meter (FM) defective (leads to FM failure)

F7. 7 Flashes. Flow meter failure. Flow meter defect. Water inlet valve defect or water inlet hose blocked.

F8. 8 Flashes. Water level failure. Sieve strongly dirty or big amount of foam inside to less water.

F9. 9 Flashes. Continuously Water Inlet. Water inlet valve mechanically not closed or control board defect.

FA. 11 Flashes. OWI failure. Dirty OWI lens. OWI defect or control board defect. Check cabling.

FB. 12 Flashes. Motorised Diverter Valve

FC. 13 Flashes. Water Hardness Sensor Failure

A fault with no fault code indication = faulty module

These codes should cover the entire range of Whirlpool dishwashers.

Test Mode

Make sure the appliance is empty of water before running Diagnostics as it does not pump out before starting to fill and therefore you could overfill the appliance.
Open the door and set the program to the first program. (Normally rinse).
Turn the power off.
Press and hold the start button and while holding turn the power on.
After a little while the start button will flash, release the button.
Press the start button once and close the dishwasher door.
The machine will now run through a diagnostic routine.
If memory serves me right it takes about 20 mins.
The machine will stop during diagnostics if an error is found and will display the error code. If no error is found it will complete the diagnostics and end the programme.

To exit diagnostics at any time just press and hold the start button till the programme is cancelled

where do i find flow meter or water inlet valve?also my machine does not have an lcd display so is it worth still doing diagnostics check?

Right hand side panel must be removed , flow meter on the side ,it's a plastic chamber ,inlet hose is at the back where the water hose goes .

Sponsored Links
any easy way to identify which one at fault?i did notice that when i was trying it and it tried filling with water for a few seconds,that the flow valve on side was dripping water out inside when i opened the door,any ideas appreciated,thanks

Remove inlet hose from the rear is it kinked has it got good water presure when put into a bucket.

no kinks and good water pressure.it looks hard to get into the water chamber on side?does this chamber have a seperate valve/meter as picture of it on internet looks all plastic,with no connections electrical

is it full of crud in the chamber if so flush it out also check the reed switch on it

the water chamber on side of machine is clean,but where the pipe from the water inlet valve goes into a plastic tub next to salt container is very dark brown in colour,could this be a problem

No it's surposed to be that colour ,check the reed switch see if it's open circuit.

when you say reed switch,could you clarify where and to test,do you mean for continuity between terminals? of reed switch

i have sucked as much of water in containers that i could get out(dewalt wet and dry vac)brilliant gear.put all back together and flashes 6 times,i then set to pre rinse and pressed start,hey presto,its going ok,well so far!!!!!.will try a wash when rinse finished

it has been on a wash for about 1 hour and all seems fine,thanks very much for all your help rocky,whether i have actually fixed something,time will tell,thanks again :D :D :D

i have put my dishwasher through the default test and i have 11 flashes, this is OWL failure, OWL lens or OWL defect or control defect does anyone know what OWL stands for and how i can sort it :confused:

is the whirlpool dishwasher adp4404 supposed to run during the diagnostic test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back