Maytag Washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Maytag 10yr old top-loading washer that after each cycle a layer of suds are located in the top 1/4 of the walls of the inside of the washer. Clothes seem to have soap residue as well. I believe that the rinse cycle may not be working correctly, or there is something clogging the washer from rinsing correctly. I have run two hot cycles with the tub empty and included bleach in the first, and that has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions on what else to or how to clean the system better? Can it be a timer malfunction where the timer is not in the rinse cycle long enough? or is it time for a new washer??? What should I do??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have nearly the same problem. Lint residue on all clothes, all water/soap combos. Local repairman said to let the dryer solve the issue - removal of the excess lint. Otherwise, he said I'd have to live with it. Sounds like a design issue with the machine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back