Which modulating system boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am trying to get quotes for a new gas central heating and hot water system. I want to replace boiler and hot water cylinder with a system boiler and unvented cylinder and would like a fully modulating boiler to work with a Honeywell programmable modulating room thermostat (Opentherm protocol).

Is there an easy way to find out about boilers which will work with Opentherm protocol? Can anyone recommend any? And if so which are the best makes/models?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Which Honeywell Opentherm controller are you talking about? There are some listed in their catalogue, but they don't seem to be in the shops yet.

Remeha make very good boilers which work with Opentherm and they also do their own Opentherm controllers, Celcia 20 and iSense.

Sponsored Links
Think about it O .P , in these time's of economic crisis , ask your self what can you do for your country ??? answer Buy made in Britain !!! safeguarding british job's , british manufacturing , U know it make's sense !!

Johnson & Starley ( made in britain) do opentherm .

:) do you really want a boiler made by some dutch fella , bombed out of his ead on dope ??? & wearing wooden shoe's ????? :)

one thing you have to take in to consideration the boiler will have to determine, when to use the open therm for central heating. and not hot water.

Hello Brig001, seen that but it is not actually very useful or informative site but I like the sound of the technology.

D_Hailsham";p="1579009 said:
Which Honeywell Opentherm controller are you talking about? There are some listed in their catalogue, but they don't seem to be in the shops yet.

Hi d Hailsham, I'm looking at a CM937 which I know is difficult (or should I say impossible!) to get in the UK at the moment but it does exist and if it can get the additional 10% saving that Honeywell say then....might as well try it.

How's everyones Dutch? Assume I could just order one from Netherlands but probably for now fit a temp room stat and wait and see; going to talk to Honeywell tomorrow. http://www.kijkvoelbeleef.nl/nl/Hon....aspx?id=8cd2d0a6-1acb-4eff-891a-96fe4c848fd6

I'll look at Remeha, Intergas and Johnson and Starley then. I agree transam but why are these thing's not available in the UK! Seem to be pretty settled-in on the mainland continent.

Holty, it is a good question but my assumption is that with a Heatrae Sadia Megaflow 170l, not huge consumption of HW and good recovery time the majority of the burner action would be for CH. I have not checked but in S-plan if the CH is modulating and the HW calls for heat I assume because not modulating signal the burner would hit high....correct me if anyone knows better.

Thanks for the info, i'll update when I have a plan / decision.

Good man , O.P.

Was not to clear in my post , Johnson & Starley manufacture boioler's , but do supply opentherm ,for them . It is made in ?????? (dunno) !!!

I have an intergas boiler installed in my house with the isense opentherm room stat. does that job and is simple to work.

Johnson & Starley ( made in britain) do opentherm .

Honeywell controls are made in Scotland

http://ecc.emea.honeywell.com/about-us/locations.htm

3rd one down

Exactly made in Britain , british job's ect ect , the new Keston's made in Romania , Ravenheat brit company boiler's made in Italy , Viessman made by some bloke wearing Laider hosen :D
Every one gripeing about foreign , plumber's taken job's from us , than they buy some made in europe boiler :D I believe J&S are canadian owned not the point , still made assembled in britain :)

Got a feeling about this post ???

Good man , O.P.

Was not to clear in my post , Johnson & Starley manufacture boioler's , but do supply opentherm ,for them . It is made in ?????? (dunno) !!!

J&S are made about 4 miles from me in Northampton, I might have to go and see this Reno you keep banging on about. What does it actually offer over other makes?

Probably nothing ???? although they are easy to maintain , & J&S are not a bad group to deal with , But made in Britain , Ssh we won't mention the 363 Biasi (made in Italy) boiler's I installed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back