4 pole contactor for 2 heating supplies???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm replacing a the control part of an electric heating system which uses 2 of 3 60a phases in a commercial building. Theres 10 electric heaters - 5 on each phase.
I want to use a 4pole wylex contactor (switched with a programmer) for the 2 supplies, which will turn on the two CU's.
I'm seeking abit a clarity on how I can use the contactor. I was going the place the the supply inputs as follows Neutral - T1, Phase 1 - T3, Phase 2 - T5
Outputs to CU's - Neutrals to both CU's - T2, CU1 Live - T4, CU2 Live - T6.

Is the right or am i mistaken?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with just switching the lives too - take the neutrals directly to the neutral.

You can fit a timer, but it is more common to utilise a clean pair of contacts made available by the meter operator to switch your contactor at the cheap rate times.

Some meter operators will not provide a clean pair of contacts, just a switched tail (that you would usually use to switch a CU). You can use this to switch a small 2way CU, using a 6amp breaker to directly switch your contactor.

why would he want it off peak?
as it's a commercial building, presumably it's not going to be storage heating rather timed to come on during opening hours?

Sponsored Links
yes, its timed for when the building is occupied. So I'll take the neutrals directly to the Different Cu's and just use the contactor for the brown/black phases to turn the CU's on when required.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back