Indesit WIL103 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit WIL103. There are 4 wires feeding into the back of the Drum at the bottom. They have differing connectors. One of these (when looking from the back it is on the far right) has a plastic connector which appears to have melted. As a result it will not stay attached to the back of the drum. When it is not connected the machine works but remains on a constant wash cycle. When connected (just) it seems to go through a proper cycle of wash, drain,spin etc. I've searched for replacement wiring/connectors parts on the internet, but can't find any. Is my assumption correct that this wire is causing the problem (constant wash cycle) and how can it be best fixed. Thanks

Sponsored Links
that's your prob it's a heater go to halfords or motor factors and you will find a connector for it .

Thanks Rocks1. Yes i think it's a heater problem. However, even with a new element, i'm still not going to be able to connect the wire properly because of the melted connector. It doesn't look like i could simply remove the plastic bit and re-fit a new one on to the wire though. So i'm guessing i need replacement wires(?) but without knowing the product code i don't know which to get. Various sprare part websites don't show pictures of the wiring, and there seems to be a number wiring products. Any clues as to which wiring component i require please?

There is no part number for that piece of wiring ,you need a spade connector and a piece of wire then you can butt connect them ,the spade connecters are use on cars try a scrap yard ,any old washer or dryer ,

Sponsored Links
or you can can spade of and solder it on to heater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back