problem with a Radiant rsf 24e Slim combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there fella's,

I'm trying to sort this boiler out which just won't fire up on demand, but if you move the selector switch on the built in clock, to off then then on to constant the boiler will fire up on heating but will only run for 1 cycle then cuts out. The hot water will fire up but only when using the same process. When the boiler cuts out there is a flashing light which according to the manual denotes air pressure switch failure, this flashing neon however seems to have always been there according to the tenant.
I have removing the clock and putting a link in but still get the same problems.

Any ideas anybody, thanks

Nev

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a fan/aps/tubes/venturi problem to me, you'll need an RGI to check those though as it's within the combustion chamber.

I forgot to mention that the pump does run on demand, as for the fan it does run and light the boiler but only after messing with the time clock. I've checked the tubes and the venturi and they seem ok,
Do you think it could be the APS sticking or slowly dying

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes i am registered.

Faulting boilers has never been my strong point, Its one of those jobs i said i'd take a look at just because the letting agency gave me a sob story about the tenant just come out of hospital

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back