ariston euro combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

problem with my ariston euro combi. ch works fine but when i demand hw it ignities for a short while heating the water but then cuts out water temp drops, then ignites again. please help user SYDEALI had the same prob did you sort it out if so how

Sponsored Links
Dirty secondary heat exchanger, almost always.

Thanks Chris is this a big job as and does it cost much? if it is not the secondary heater what else could it be.

It's something you could do yourself if you felt like it. There were though SEVENTEEN different euro combis so advice would have to be general! WHich one is yours (may well be one I'm not familiar with!). The temp sensor could be suspect, or just possibly the main heat exchanger blocking up a bit.

If you lower the front panel at the bottom, you'll see, in a general sort of way, a couple of brass cast lumps. Between or connected, will be the 2ndry h/e. It will either look like a shiny wafer made of plates, about 9" x 3 x 1, or a painted round can thing about 5" diameter and similar length.

In principle you'd drain some water, remove the thing, put a hose through it followed by some descaler, and put it back. Hardest bit might be getting replacement washers. COuld send you some I guess.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back